It is human nature to fall ill once in a while. Naturally, when this occurs, one is required to see a doctor for tests, which usually leads to treatments. Surprisingly, for quite some time now, we have seen people opting for unconventional methods of treatments rather than the recommended conventional methods of treatment. Unconventional Medicine has extensively gained popularity in almost all parts of the world. The question is why? What are the compelling force making people to trust this “Unverified” methods when there are tested and verified methods in place? We did a research and here is what we found out, but first let us get the definitions of various terms we will be using in this article.
What is Conventional Medicine?
Conventional medicine constitutes scientifically examined and verified practices used by medical practitioners to treat patients.
What is Unconventional Medicine?
Unconventional Medicine is the opposite of Conventional medicine and entails any practice used to heal patients that have not been scientifically tested and verified. Alternative Medicine is also used to mean the same thing. Examples of practices used in Unconventional Medicine or rather as Alternative Medicine include; naturopathy, homeopathy, sports massage, Acupuncture, to mention but a few.
Why is Unconventional Medicine so Popular?
The reasons given below were answers given by various respected doctors and a few people who have tried both Conventional and Unconventional Medicine.
1. Unconventional Medicine is Cost effective when compared to Conventional Medicine- all people who have tried Unconventional Medicine will agree with us that when it comes to cost, Conventional Medicine is way too costly. Now, in this hard times, with many cases of joblessness and under payment, it makes logic for someone to seek assistance from someone who is going to charge them less and still do the same thing or even better than ones using Conventional medicine. It is human nature; people will always go where they can save some few dollars but still get what they want.
2. Alternative Medicine gives patients choices- with Unconventional Medicine, patients have the freedom to choose whatever lifestyle they will subscribe to unlike with Conventional medicine which always tends to dictate everything one does starting from the way they eat, how they work and so on and so forth. The freedom alone to do what pleases you is so important, in fact, research indicates that when one’s mind has the power to positively choose what is important to them, healing comes naturally. Many people would like to undergo treatment but still continue with their lifestyles, a setting Unconventional medicine provide them with.
3. Unconventional Medicine is Safer and Just as effective as Conventional Medicine- unlike in the past, people are now more concerned with the general health of their bodies. We have all at one time heard rumours of, “this drug causes impotence”, “this causes cancer,” “this does this and that” and so on and so forth. Now, people have become scared of the convention medicine because of the alleged side effects they leave when used. Their best shot automatically is Unconventional which according to many is more natural and even safer.
4. In Unconventional Medicine, Patients get all the attention and time they want with their “Doctors”- gladly; unlike in Conventional Medicine where doctors are always in a hurry to treat you, Unconventional Medicine requires that patients spend more time with alternative providers. The time spend together is always useful as the provider gets the chance to closely monitor their patients finding more areas that needs to be attended to. In addition, they don’t just rely on the symptoms; they go further up to how the patient behaves and so forth. Often, the methods used in Alternative Medicine always provide more than one benefit. For instance, a patient suffering from severe back pains is likely to get more than just relief when massage is used as a remedy to his/her problem.
5. Unconventional Medicine has been seen to treat ailments that are impossible to treat in Conventional Medicine- this has significantly boosted people’s trust in alternative medicine. For instance, we have all heard of cases that are scientifically untreatable but have been traditionally treated, like say asthma, we all know that medically speaking, asthma is untreatable and can only be controlled but there are cases of people who were completely healed after traditional methods were used on them. The list of diseases that people have benefited from alternative providers are so long that it has reached a point where people are somehow losing faith in Conventional medicine.
Apparently, the trend is not going to stop anytime soon, in fact, it is becoming the order of the day. Many people are finding Unconventional Medicine pretty easy to follow since it involves simple techniques that can even be performed at home. Regardless of what method you choose to use, be sure to be keen and make sure that you are doing the right thing. Exercise caution however – like all attractive practices you must exercise due diligence and stay away from fraudsters and con artists who are only interested in extorting money from you.